The goal of the DISD Instructional Technology Department is to help teachers
effectively integrate technology into the curriculum to promote academic
excellence and student engagement.
Role of the Instructional Technology Department:
- Supports classroom teachers in their use of technology in the classroom
- Distributes timely information to staff on new technology tools, resources in the twice-monthly Ed Tech Newsletter.
- Plans and conducts training for a variety of district employees, ranging from district administrators to school staff members
- Researches new hardware, software and educational technology resources for teachers and makes recommendations on their acquisition for the district
- Participates in planning, implementation and support of new instructional technology initiatives in the district
- Works with curriculum and content area staff to determine instructional technology needs
- Trains and supports the campus based Technology Leadership Teams, which consist of classroom teachers and campus computer techs
- Maintains and updates database of technology resources available for classroom use
- Serves teachers by looking for specific technology resources as requested
- Serves as district site coordinator for video conferencing, including scheduling video conferences for teachers and overseeing video conference equipment and upkeep at all video conference sites
- Serves to oversee purchase and usage of district software programs purchased for instructional purposes
- Serves as Instructional Materials Coordinator for Dumas ISD overseeing selection, purchase and distribution of print and electronic materials to district campuses
See the list of Resource Pages in the right-hand menu for resources, tools and tutorials for the classroom.